Pastel Cubes Loose – Caran D’Ache
The Caran D’Ache Pastel Cubes are an extra-fine dry pastel developed in close collaboration with master pastel artists. A large assortment of 84 pencils and cubes, mixed to meet the most demanding standards. Caran d’Ache uses completely natural binders, which gives the pastels a powdery texture and wonderful coverage. Pastel cubes are particularly suited to blocking large areas of colour as they can be used with the flat side against the paper. It allows artists the flexibility to produce both the fine details as well as the large surfaces with the same colour.
• Exceptional lightfastness, conforming to standard Blue Wool Scale.
• Certified FSC ® Forest Stewardship Council.
• Cube: Dimensions: 6 x 83 mm, easy to handle, versatile: solid colour work (edges) or delicate work (corners), colour identification number.
• Product conforms to ASTM D4236.
The delicate lead of the pastel pencils requires the use of a cutter.
- 6mm x 6mm x 83mm
- easy to handle, versatile: solid colour work (edges), delicate work (corners)
- pure colours, ultra-fine pigments
- high pigment concentration resulting in vibrant colours with powerful coverage
Pastels can be messy and you don’t want them to transfer all over your bag or clothes. The Derwent Pastel wrap is perfect for keeping your pastels in excellent condition when you are out painting or going to classes.
• 84 colours available in sets of pastel pencils, themed sets (two mediums: cube and pencil).
Standard Blue Wool Scale
Caran d’Ache provides clear information on the lightfastness (LF) of all 120 colours, ranging from * to ***. Certain colours will remain unaltered for up to 100 years. The lightfastness rating is based on the Blue Wool Scale that measures the resistance of the colours when exposed to light.
** Very good