Contours and Mini Blades - Princeton - Mini Blade No2 ScraperQuantity:1 × R115.00
Unica Printmaking A5 Paper Sampler | 250g - FabrianoQuantity:1 × R10.00
Pastel Revolution Freezer - Clairefontaine - 200mlQuantity:1 × R225.00
Acrylic Paint Markers – Liquitex
R95.00 – R189.00
A new way to paint. No brush. Just the finest quality professional acrylic paint in a fine-art, marker-style pen. Acrylic Marker gives you the ultimate control. Made with highly lightfast artist-quality pigments in a choice of two sizes, with replaceable nibs. Used for sketching, fine detail, textiles, collages and mixed media. Water-soluble when wet, yet permanent and water-resistant when dry. Once applied, all the water in the paint evaporates quickly to leave a flexible acrylic film of colour behind. This is permanent and doesn’t move – which means you can overpaint or varnish without bleeding to achieve multi-layered surface effects.
This professional acrylic paint is formulated to let the pigment express itself fully, so you have a choice of opaque, semi-opaque and transparent colours to help you achieve a range of effects. Check the opacity symbol on the barrel.
- Made with fine art pigment
- Precise control
- Highly lightfast
- Satin finish
- Doesn’t move when varnished
- Range of opacities
Colour Disclaimer. Actual colours may vary since every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and everyone sees these colours differently. We cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product.
More Colours Coming Soon!
As with all Liquitex products, the pigments in Acrylic Marker have passed extensive tests for lightfastness. Each pigment is rated according to the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM), and only pigments rated ASTM I or II are used*( at least 50 years+ in gallery conditions – with no colour shifting or fading, to stay vibrant and true). *Fluorescent and metallic pigments are naturally less lightfast.
These are fine art paint markers. Made with fine art materials. You can rely on the highest quality professional paint when you use Acrylic Marker. Pigments are processed using the latest basket bead-mill technology, where tiny reinforced ceramic beads give fine dispersion, great colour development, strength and brightness. You get true colour purity and archival stability in a pen. They’re also safe to use. Acrylic Markers are independently tested by the Art and Creative Materials Institute at Duke University, and hold the Approved Safety (AP) seal.
HOW TO USE
- Activate it with a good shake to thoroughly mix the paint.
- Press the nib down a few times on scrap material to open the internal valve and start the flow – paint is released whenever the nib is depressed, so don’t overwork it as you’ll get too much paint.
- When paint appears on the nib, pause and wait until it’s stopped travelling down the fibres before pressing it again. Then, when it’s adequately saturated, test the flow on scrap material and you are good to go.
- Repeat as necessary as you work and remember to keep the lid on when not in use, to stop the paint from evaporating.
- Too much paint coming out? It’s usually because you’re pushing down too hard (or often) on the nib. Fix it by wiping away the excess paint, don’t pump the nib and your marker should be good to go again.
- Dirty nib? If the paint is still wet, take the nib out and rinse it with warm water. If it’s dried-on paint or it’s simply looking a bit worn out, go for a replacement nib. They’re easy to fit and will return your markers to full precision. Choose from a pack of 15mm nibs for the wide marker, or the mixed pack of 2mm bullet and chisel nibs for the fine marker.
- Paint not flowing smoothly? It probably needs a good shake to mix the formula properly. Remember to store your markers horizontally to avoid heavier elements settling in the valve.
Cadmium Yellow Light Hue (159), Yellow Medium Azo (412), Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue (830), Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue (163), Cadmium Orange Hue (720), Cadmium Red Light Hue (510), Cadmium Red Medium Hue (151), Cadmium Red Deep Hue (311), Quinacridone Crimson (110), Light Pink (810), Medium Magenta (500), Light Violet (790), Brilliant Purple (590), Dioxazine Purple (186), Light Blue Violet (680), Cobalt Blue Hue (381), Prussian Blue Hue (320), Phthalocyanine Blue Green Shade (316), Brilliant Blue (570), Cerulean Blue Hue (470), Light Blue Permanent (770), Bright Aqua Green (660), Cobalt Turquoise Hue (169), Phthalocyanine Green Blue Shade (317), Emerald Green (450), Hooker’s Green Hue Permanent (224), Light Green Permanent (312), Vivid Lime Green (740), Bronze Yellow (530), Yellow Oxide (416), Naples Yellow Hue (601), Raw Sienna (330), Burnt Sienna (127), Burnt Umber (128), Raw Umber (331), Unbleached Titanium (434), Parchment (436), Titanium White (432), Neutral Gray 8 (8599), Neutral Gray 7 (7599), Neutral Gray 5 (5599), Carbon Black (337), Iridescent Rich Silver (239), Iridescent Antique Gold (237), Fluorescent Pink (987), Fluorescent Red (983), Fluorescent Orange (982), Fluorescent Yellow (981), Fluorescent Green (985), Fluorescent Blue (984)