- Develop your sense of composition and learn new approaches to abstract design.
- Experiment with texture effects, collage, inclusions, and encaustic.
- Learn how to use the latest new products to achieve magical effects.
- See how to use digital imagery, including how to do transfers with wax.
- Be inspired by the work of a wide variety of cutting-edge, mixed-media artists and experimental painters.
“This is a reference book that I will return to often for inspiration and instructive ideas. I look forward to using it in workshops and highly recommend it.” – Amy Mimu Rubin, FiberMixedMedia.com
- Chapter 1: Getting Started.
- Chapter 2: How to compose.
- Chapter 3: Approaches to Abstract Design.
- Chapter 4: Experiments in Texture.
- Chapter 5: Layering Paint and Found Images.
- Chapter 6: Combining Words and Paint.
- Chapter 7: Working with Encaustic Materials.
- Chapter 8: Using Digital Photographs in Mixed-Media Paintings.
- Chapter 9: Gallery of Special Projects.
- Contributing Artists.
- About the Author.
This book is packed with images in colour to clearly show the various projects as well as different mediums (like gesso, beeswax etc.) and their applications.
** Although this video refers to Ann Baldwin’s video series, her book Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed-Media Artists: Experimental Techniques for Composition, Layering, Texture, Imagery, and Encaustic, is based on the same processes and shows some of the images also featured in the book.