Colours included in set: Titanium white, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Pale (Hue), Crimson Alizarin, French Ultramarine, Permanent Green Light, Viridian (Hue), Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna and Ivory Black.
- 54 brilliant colours are available in the full Georgian oil range
- 24 single pigment colours
- 31 opaque or semi-opaque colours
- High pigment loads include traditional pigments cadmium and cobalt
- Exceptionally permanent and brilliant colours
- Colours are intermixable and consistent from wet to dry
- Improved consistency of drying from 4-5 days to 2-5 days
- All colours are rated as Permanent**** or Normally Permanent***
- Improved colour strength (colour reduction 5:1; mix of 5 part of white and 1 part of the colour to show the effect/ result)
- Smooth and buttery consistency, ideal for experimenting with different brush and knife techniques
- Easy mixing with mediums provides endless creative possibilities
- Traditionally crafted and triple-milled in England
Rooted in 1783 London and named after George Rowney the company’s founder, Georgian Oil Colours from Daler-Rowney enrich contemporary artistic expression through modern and brilliant colours, optimal pigment loads and a very satisfying feel under both brush and knife.
Thomas and Richard Rowney began manufacturing artist’s colours in England more than 200 years ago and for decades Daler Rowney oil colours have been the UK’s best-selling oil colours. It has since gained a reputation around the world and more than half the output from the company’s colour factory in Bracknell, England, goes overseas.
Traditionally crafted and triple-milled in England, Georgian Oil Colours provide colour consistency from wet to dry and even performance and finish across all colours. The precise measurements used for individual colours requires the perfect balance of oil content and high quality pigment, finely ground to release the full intensity of the colour and to ensure complete dispersion.
The high quality line of colour is produced at a uniform and economical price. Daler-Rowney Georgian Oil Colours are ideal for use with a knife or a brush, allowing for a variety of effects to be achieved. Every batch is matched for colour and texture against exacting standards to ensure they will perform perfectly anywhere in the world, from Africa to Antarctica.
Due to their careful formulation, Georgian Oil Colours generally require very limited quantities of mediums so can be used freely straight from the tube allowing the artist to concentrate on spontaneous creativity.
Students and professional artists alike will feel they have found a reliable paint, both for their studios and for plein air painting.
Daler-Rowney’s Georgian Oils are made in the same way as Rowney’s Artist Oils, to the same high standards. The main difference between them lies in the choice and strength of pigments.
- Student to professional works
- Classrooms and workshops
- Large scale projects
- Artists in search of an unbeatable value