With a view to offering artists, visual artists, technical draughtsmen and Fine Art students the broadest possible means of expression, the Maison Caran d’Ache has designed Graphite Line, a complete line of mediums that explore all the different shades of black and meets the requirements of virtuosi and purists in the art of drawings executed in black.
Caran d’Ache has drawn on its expertise and explored the deepest graphite mines to search out the infinite colour nuances of carbon. The result is the Graphite Line, an original concept dedicated to graphite that gives artists the opportunity to compose their own graphite range and explore all the shades of black. An integral component of the line is the Grafwood pencil which features one of the most complete range of graphite leads.
This series of extra-fine graphite pencils contains 15 gradations from the hardest to the softest black
(including 9B, the deepest black on the market), enabling artists to produce an infinite range of techniques and effects, uniform darkening of large surfaces, and regular and intense line drawing.
An easy-to-hold design offers optimal artistic control.
Each pencil is varnished in a colour that precisely depicts the hardness and depth of the black.
Metal box with 6 graphite pencils.
For specialists, a range of blacks from hardest to softest. Pencils with the most complete range of graphite leads. Each pencil is varnished in a colour that precisely depicts the hardness and depth of the black.
Contents: 6 graphite pencils with different hardnesses (9B, 7B, 5B, 3B, HB, 2H)
- 9B, 7B, 5B, 3B : Extra fine graphite pencils to allow uniform shading of large areas and a regular, intense stroke.
- HB : Extra-fine graphite for hatching and superimposing.
- 2H : Extra-fine pencil for intense, regular, fine and extra fine lines (technical drawing, scientific illustration, etc.).
Technical description :
- Type: Extra-fine, hexagonal graphite pencils for optimal grip
- Lead: superior quality, hard to soft depending on the degree, diameter ranges from 2.1 – 3.6 mm
- Pencil: hexagonal, 8 ply, encased, varnish matches hardness degree
- Premium certified cedarwood
- Techniques: pointillism, hatching, writing, sketching, shading, blurring, technical and artistic design, mixed techniques.
Explore all the nuances of black with Graphite Line collection assortments GRAFWOOD 6 hardness degrees.
With its particular feel and multiple shades of grey, raw graphite is made from a homogenous material in order to achieve thick and thin lines, gradation, flat-wash, blurring or watercolour effects. All shades and their various gradations have been carefully developed and perfected in the Geneva workshops of Caran d’Ache.
With its two innovations, Grafcube and Grafwood, the Graphite Line is a first in terms of personal choice.
Developed and manufactured in Switzerland.