- Installed blade type: rounded tip
- Durable nylon handle
- Manual retraction with 3 positions
- Ambidextrous design
- Finger-friendly® blade cuts effectively
- Reduces injuries, lowers costs
- Non-sparking, non-conductive, non-magnetic blade
- Chemically inert blade never rusts
- Oil- and lubricant-free blade
- 100 percent zirconium oxide blade
- Blade edge lasts up to 11 x longer than metal
- Fewer blade changes = fewer injuries
- Compatible with 10511 Pen Cutter Clip
- Compatible blades: 10404, 10408
- No-tool blade change
Slice was founded in 2008 by TJ Scimone. Always looking for new ideas, he collaborated with renowned designers to re-imagine everyday cutting products, making them safer and easier to use. Since that time, Slice has developed a collection of award-winning safety cutters that increase productivity, lower costs, and, most importantly, reduce injuries. Slice tools are now used in major industries around the world.
Scimone founded Slice as a way to help fund long-term care for his autistic son. One percent of all Slice sales are donated to autism research.
What Sets Slice Precision Knives Apart?
Slice® precision knives combine safety and effectiveness. Their blades are made of extremely hard zirconium oxide and an advanced ceramic which stays sharper far longer than steel. Unlike traditional precision knives, a Slice precision knife blade maintains a finger-friendly® edge while cutting effectively. Their patent-pending sharpening process keeps fingers safe while giving you long-lasting cutting power.
Slice safety blades offer specialized advantages to specific industries, like blades that are non-sparking, non-magnetic, chemically inert, and blades that will never rust, therefore not requiring any oil coating and are safe to use in extreme or particular conditions like autoclaves. (Not all ceramic blades have the same material composition, so may not share all of these properties. Be sure to read the specifications and usages of each knife in the selection of knifes representing the Slice range to guide you in your purchase).