- A great set for discovering or rediscovering the sketching technique.
- Conte A Paris Studio Pastel Set is a terrific sketching set that includes everything needed for the artist sketching on the go.
- Ideal for rough sketching and drawing.
- Perfect for detail work in small and medium formats.
- Ideal as a gift for any artist
- Assorted Set of 18 in a blister pack.
In contrast with soft pastels, pastel pencils should not be added in successive layers of colours, but used as pure colours laid out in patchwork fashion side by side (so as not to dull the shades). Conte Carre Crayons are baked with kaolin clay and are firmer than soft pastels, which means they work well on smooth paper as well as textured surfaces. Because they are firm and square they give accurate and energetic strokes when the edges of the sticks are used, you can shape Conte Crayons to a chisel tip with sandpaper for detailed work, drag them flat on their sides for various shading techniques or cover large areas, the sticks can be broken for easier use.
It is recommended that the barrel alone should be sharpened with a knife and the lead shaped with a scraper or sandpaper.
Sticks are 63 mm x 6 mm. Assorted Set of 18 (Includes: 12 assorted coloured crayons including 1 each of White, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Red, St.Michael Green, Dark Green, Light Blue, Dark Ultramarine, Yellow Ochre, Bistre & Black, 3 pastel pencils including 1 each of Royal Blue, Black, Vermilion, 1 Kneadable Eraser, 1 blending stump and 1 tortillion in a blister pack.