Extra Fine Gouache Sets – Daniel Smith
Gouache is an opaque and matte water-based media commonly used in commercial art and illustrating, as they photograph well, in addition to mixed media and cartooning. They can also be combined with watercolors!
DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine™ Gouache is a professional artist-grade water media that produces an opaque matte finish. Made with the same high-quality pigments and gum arabic as DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine™ Watercolors, this Gouache is uniquely formulated with higher pigment loads to achieve density and opacity without adding whites or other fillers.
Whether your painting style is abstract, representational, illustrative or figurative, you’ll enjoy the creative versatility of Gouache. Apply it as mass tone straight from the tube to get rich, full-bodied solids with single brush strokes. Temper colors smoothly with water to create softer lines and hazy layers. Mix and blend new shades to customize your palette. You can even scrape into it or build up light texture with mark-making tools.
Use Gouache to accent your watercolor paintings with velvety shadows or bold pops of color. Try it with a wider variety of brushes on either light or dark surfaces – explore a whole new world of artistic expression!
- Exceptional lightfastness and pure, natural opacity.
- Intermixable – use with other water-based media (acrylic or transparent watercolours) to produce varying degrees of transparency, opacity and texture.
- Full range of staining and lifting qualities.
- Rewets, dilutes and cleans up easily with water.
- Add colors to empty half-pans for portability.
- Available in a Primary Mixing Set 4 x 15ml tubes (Hansa Yellow Medium, Pyrrol Red, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White).
Colour Disclaimer. Actual colours may vary since every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and everyone sees these colours differently. We cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product.