FIMO Soft Basic Set | 9 Half Blocks – Staedtler
FIMO Professional Soft Polymer Modeling Clays are a soft and pliable clay that can be baked in a normal kitchen oven, making them perfect for modelling and creating wonderful clay models.
The clay is easy to shape without having to knead it first. This FIMO clay is particularly suitable for beginners, amateur artists and DIY crafters. It can be combined with FIMO professional and FIMO effect to create some wonderful results.
The Fimo Basic Set comes in a clamshell blister pack with 9 half blocks 25 g (assorted colours), 1 bottle of gloss varnish, 1 modelling stick, 1 worksheet and instructions. Colours are White, Lemon, Indian red, Brilliant Blue, Tangerine, Tropical Green, Purple, Chocolate and Black.
- Oven-hardening modelling clay
- 9 half blocks, 25 g
- Especially for beginners & hobby artists
- Soft & smooth modelling clay
- Easy to blend: Modelling fun for the entire family
- Ready to use
- Different sets and colour packs
- Compatible with FIMO effect & FIMO professional
- Neutral smelling
- Easy to open, resealable packaging
- Infinitely versatile: For jewellery, accessories and home decor items
View our extensive range of FIMO modelling clay products and accessories.
Colour Disclaimer. Actual colours may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and that everyone sees these colours differently. We cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product.
3 in Stock.
FIMO Professional Soft Polymer Modelling Clays are soft and pliable clays that are perfect for modelling and then baking to create wonderful clay models.
An oven-bake clay usually noted for its firmness is now available in a softer, easier-to-condition form. The softer formula makes it more manageable for children as well as crafters and artists of all skill levels to use, though it is still firmer than other brands. Fimo Soft Polymer Clay is available in a variety of bright colours.
Different colours can be combined by mixing exact portions of clay to create a rainbow spectrum of harmonizing shades. Use Black and White to create gradations. Made from soft polymer and pure pigments, this clay can be mixed perfectly to create new colours with the same results every time.
It’s intermixable with Classic Fimo, and like Classic Fimo it hardens in the kitchen oven.
Although softer than FIMO® Classic, objects made with FIMO® Soft Clay is very durable and strong after baking. Simply place finished pieces in any home oven or toaster oven for 30 minutes at 265°F or 110°C (Please note that ovens may vary). After they are completely cooled, objects are ready to use or wear.
More Information on FIMO
- FIMO can be hardened in the oven at 110 degrees Celsius. The maximum temperature should not exceed 130 degrees. (Exception: FIMO leather-effect must be hardened for 30 minutes at 130° C / 266° F!)
- Already hardened FIMO elements can be placed in the oven again when applying techniques that require multiple hardening processes.
- All oven-hardening FIMO types are mixable with one another. (Where a piece includes FIMO leather-effect, the blend should be hardened for 30 minutes at 130° C / 266° F. Combining FIMO leather-effect with other FIMO clays (FIMO soft, effect or professional) will decrease the leather look in proportion to the number of other clays.)
- The hardened modelling clay can be varnished with special FIMO paints or painted with suitable pens or acrylic and oil paints.
- FIMO can be sanded and polished.
- Holes for FIMO jewellery and beads can either be made with a needle before hardening or drilled with a hand drill after hardening.
- Broken FIMO parts can be easily attached again using two-component adhesive.
- If you would like to produce arched FIMO elements, oven-proof moulds can be used to support the material.
- FIMO should only be washed by hand, not in dishwashers since dishwashing liquid is too aggressive and can harm the material.
- Oven-hardening FIMO clay does not have to be stored in an airtight container, however, it must be protected from dust and stored at room temperature away from sunlight and heat. Storing it in aluminium foil or PE bags in a cool and dry place would be best. Avoid contact with polystyrene or PVC.
- FIMO that has become too hard can be kneaded until soft again using Mix Quick softener.
How do you harden FIMO effect in the oven?
Once you have finished modelling your items from FIMO, you need to harden them to make them stable. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Preheat the oven to 110°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment or aluminium foil and carefully place the modelled items on the tray.
- Harden them in the oven for 30 minutes. For best results, use an oven thermometer to check the temperature during hardening.
- Allow the modelled items to cool down completely before continuing to work on them using the relevant FIMO Accessories for surface treatment.
Tip: In case individual parts of the hardened item break off, you can easily re-attach them using a two-component adhesive.
In the STAEDTLER range, FIMO is available to purchase individually as well as in sets, in numerous bright and vibrant colours and with lots of great effects. In addition, a wide choice of practical accessories and tools are also available that will enable you to easily work with the modelling clay and refine your results. Be sure to see what is available at Art Savings Club!
Types of FIMO available from STAEDTLER
The basic recipe for FIMO was developed in 1939 by Sophie Rehbinder Kruse – the daughter of world-renowned German dollmaker Käthe Kruse. Since FIMO modelling clay has been manufactured by STAEDTLER in Germany, they have continued to optimise and improve the product. STAEDTLER offers the product in many different types for various areas of use. In addition to oven-hardening FIMO in lots of vibrant colours, they also offer an air-drying FIMO. Other types of Fimo clay available: FIMO Soft, FIMO Kids, FIMO Professional, FIMO Effect and FIMO Air.
When working with FIMO, there are no limits to your imagination. The popular modelling clay offers countless design possibilities. To get the most enjoyment out of being creative, use the right Fimo accessories that were specifically designed to meet the needs of all FIMO users. They include:
- Modelling tools (clay shaper, cutter, acrylic roller and much more)
- Jewellery accessories (bead roller, bead-piercing pins, etc.)
- Shaped cutters, moulds, etc.
- Accessories for surface treatment (leaf metal, different varnishes, sanding sponges and much more).