Multi-product set for monochrome artwork. Explore shades of black in all its forms with this nomadic set composed of several complementary products. Ideal for sketches and artistic drawings, it provides considerable freedom in terms of applications and techniques. Excellent Lightfastness.
- 11 artistic tools:
- 1 Grafstone
- 1 Charcoal
- 2 Grafcube 15 mm (9B, 6B), square.
- 4 accessories (blending stump, kneaded eraser, pencil sharpener, box XL)
- Drawing mediums come in 4 Grafwood hardnesses (9B, 6B, 2B, HB),
- Metal travelling box, dim. 183 x 54 x 37 mm and sleeve with the euro hanger system
- Ideal for all artist rendering sketches, figure drawings and portraits
- Cedarwood pencils, Hexagonal barrel, 3-mm diameter lead
- Pencils measure 17,7 cm
- Excellent lightfastness
- Made in Switzerland
- Grafstone pencils offer a flexible drawing tool, made from a pure solid piece of graphite in the shape of a pencil but without the wood casing. It can be used as a conventional pencil or it can be broken into chunks and used more expressively. They can be sharpened to extremely fine points or used blunt, for bolder mark making.
- Because they contain more graphite, Grafstone pencils are slightly heavier than normal pencils. Many artists find these tools more balanced than a normal wood-cased pencil. Excellent for sketching.
- The raw graphite of Caran d’Ache is made from a homogenous material to achieve excellent results.
Caran d’Ache was founded in Geneva in 1924 and remains Switzerland s only manufacturer of pencils, fine arts products and writing instruments. They are known throughout the world of artists, architects, engineers, designers and illustrators for manufacturing the most consistently smooth graphite drawing pencils and other graphite artist products.
Caran d’Ache has drawn on its expertise and explored the deepest graphite mines to search out the infinite colour nuances of carbon. The result is the Graphite Line, an original concept dedicated to graphite that allows artists to compose their graphite range and explore all the shades of black.
The Caran d’Ache Graphite Line products are made with only the purest grades of graphite. This graphite is 99% pure and mined in Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Germany. The graphite from these countries is naturally formed into varying shapes and sizes producing a tight bond resulting in a strong core that doesn’t break when you sharpen it or when you apply pressure while drawing. Many manufacturers use graphite from Central America, which is typically only 80% pure.
The clay used to produce the Caran d’Ache Graphite Line is called Montmorillonite Clay. Because of its greasy lubricating quality, it enables the graphite to glide across the paper.
The Caran d’Ache chemists analyzes the correct quantities of the graphite to be added for the specific grade of hardness being produced. For each product range, GRAFWOOD, TECHNOGRAPH, TECHNALO, GRAFCUBE and GRAFSTONE, at least two different types of graphite are added, to make the cores more resistant to breakage. The graphite and clay mixture is mixed for several hours and ground a minimum of six times on rolling mills and then dried in the next stage of production. This is the reason why Caran d’Ache graphite products are much smoother and homogeneous than competitors. The graphite and clay paste is then extruded into cores and baked at 100˚Celsius, cooled and then fired at 1000˚C to dry the moisture and produce a finished product.