Derwent Inktense Pencils are perfect for bold, expressive drawings. As versatile as watercolour pencils, but with a firmer texture that allows them to perform with the vibrancy of traditional ink. Incredibly versatile, this product can be used to create a multitude of art, from Manga to silk painting; traditional watercolours to stunning illustrations. The Inktense pencil has a round, 8 mm barrel with a wide 4 mm core and the blue barrel has a colour end-tab for easy identification.
- Perfect for bold, expressive drawings
- Pure, vibrant colour washes out to leave a translucent ink-like effect
- Once dry, the colour wash is permanent and can be embellished with other wet or dry media
- Blue barrel with colour end tab for easy identification
- Sold Individually and in sets of 12, 24, 36, 72 and wooden cases with 24, 48 and 72 pencils
Lightfastness rating (LF) = 3,4 – FAIR, MODERATE | 5,6 – GOOD, VERY GOOD | 7,8 – EXCELLENT. V – Vegan-friendly.
Derwent uses the Blue Wool Scale (ISO 105) to evaluate lightfastness. Lightfastness refers to the chemical stability of a pigment under long exposure to light. A scale of 1-8 is obtained, with values of 6 or higher being considered to be highly lightfast and, under museum conditions, will not fade for 100+ years.