Derwent Watercolour pencils have a soft textured, 3.4 mm core, making it easy to blend and layer. A high-quality pigment ensures an intensified colour when combined with water. A professional-quality colour pencil that can be painted with as well as used dry, giving the best of both worlds.
Derwent Watercolour can be used wet or dry, on wet or dry paper, to achieve a variety of effects, from bold, vibrant images to delicate watercolour washes. Since watercolour is not permanent, it can be rewetted and the colour moved around to create colours to your heart’s content!
- Can be used wet or dry allowing you to draw and paint
- Combine the control of a pencil with the subtle beauty of the watercolour medium
- Wet paper for intense colours with soft edges, or wet the pencil first for rich, textured lines
- Pencils retain their full intensity however you use them
Lightfastness rating (LF) = 3,4 – FAIR, MODERATE | 5,6 – GOOD, VERY GOOD | 7,8 – EXCELLENT. V – Vegan-friendly.
Derwent uses the Blue Wool Scale (ISO 105) to evaluate lightfastness. Lightfastness refers to the chemical stability of a pigment under long exposure to light.
A scale of 1-8 is obtained, with values of 6 or higher being considered to be highly lightfast and, under museum conditions, will not fade for 100+ years.
- Sold Individually and in sets of 12, 24, 36 and 72 pencils