Supracolor Soft Aquarelle pencils offer a huge range of water-soluble colour leads in 120 finely nuanced shades. Designed for every creative profession, the Supracolor Soft range offers a wide variety of applications thanks to intensely luminous colours and excellent covering power.
While designed for large, broad works, the soft, large-diameter 3.8 mm leads are nevertheless extremely robust and display exemplary lightfastness, while their colour opacity and pigment quality ensures long-lasting use. Pencil drawings can thus be faded out, blended with fingertips, textured by rubbing the lead on a piece of sandpaper or used as watercolours.
The body of the pencils is completely varnished and sheathed in a glossy colour corresponding to the colour of the lead.
Supracolor Soft pencils are designed and manufactured in the Geneva workshops of Caran d’Ache according to the quality standards of the Swiss Made label and in line with eco-friendly standards and certifications.
Technical description :
- Type : Water-soluble coloured pencils, hexagonal shape for optimal grip
- Lead : water-soluble, soft and resistant, 3.8 mm diameter, superior coverage, excellent light resistance
- Pencil : hexagonal, encapsulated, colour no. and name indicated, light-resistance graded
- Premium FSC certified cedar wood
- Techniques : hatching, shading, watercolour, wash drawings, unlimited blending, superimposed colour, mixed techniques combined with PABLO permanent pencils, NEOCOLOR pastels and gouache. Ideal for large-scale drawings with large areas of colour.
Draw and Wash:
- Draw the subject with Supracolor Soft then carefully work detail or isperse the colour loosley with a moist Brush.This brings out subtle tones and adds vibrancy to the subject.
- Spray the drawing with water and smudge sections with a finger.
- First draw the subject with a moist brush, then rub pigment off the pencil point onto the wet areas with sandpaper. Blow off loose pigments.