The Van Gogh Oil Colour Wooden Box Inspiration Set comes with a collection of Van Gogh oil colour which features excellent tinting strength, a high level of pigmentation for intense colours, a uniform degree of gloss and thickness amongst colours, and good to excellent lightfastness ratings. Painting with Van Gogh oil colours is a joy. Whatever oil colour technique you choose, the pasty paint gives a beautiful result. The fineness, the colour intensity, the high content of pigment and durability contribute to the ultimate expression of your inspiration. Replacement Van Gogh oil colours are also available individually from Art Savings Club in the full range of 66 colours.
With this range you can expect:
- High quality
- Strong and intense colours
- Ease to mix and use
- High pigment level
- Uniform degree of gloss and thickness of the various colours
- Good to excellent lightfastness for colour retention over time
The sturdy and beautifully crafted dark wooden box with metal carry handle and metal catches makes this set ideal for people who like to have everything at hand, while painting outdoors and in the studio. The sections in the wooden box keeps all the materials safe when transporting and the wooden palette is safely stored in the box.
- 14 tubes Van Gogh Oil Colour (40ml): Titanium White (105), Lemon Yellow (267), Azo Yellow Medium (269), Azo Red Light (312), Quinacridone Rose (366), Azo Red Deep (313), Ultramarine (504), Cerulean Blue (535), Light Blue (530), Emerald Green (615), Sap Green (623), Yellow Ochre (227), Burnt Umber (409), and Ivory Black (701).
- 75ml Odourless white spirit
- 75ml Painting medium
- 2 Van Gogh hog bristle oil painting brushes
- Series 210 Flat no. 10 (Gussow model)
- Series 211 Round no. 6
- Painting knife no. 3014
- Double palette cup
- Wooden palette
- Cleaning cloth
- Colour mixing brochure.
Van Gogh is the brand for the working artist who is searching for quality and exceptional value. Royal Talens developed the brand to be a happy medium between professional grade and student grade oils.
The oil colours are made using pure pigments and are milled into a quality oil binder which ensures the buttery colours give a wonderful result with oil techniques. All colours have a uniform thickness, degree of sheen, and drying time which makes the line a pleasure to use in terms of working qualities and mixability. Because of the high content of pigment and the fine grind, the colours are strong and brilliant. Van Gogh oil colours offer choices from four gradations of opacity (transparent, semi-transparent, semi-opaque and opaque). All colours are rated from good to excellent lightfastness which ensures the colours are retained in the long term.
Van Gogh oil was the paint used to create the entire ‘Loving Vincent’ film. A full length feature film which was fully animated using over 65,000 individually painted frames, painted by hand by 125 artists. Nine different brands of paints from 6 manufacturers were researched and tested. Van Gogh oil was selected because it had the greatest range of colours, and additionally it was the best price value. The blues and yellows are spectacularly saturated as it ebbs and flows across the screen and the impact of colour contributed to the success of this exceptional film.
- [Loving Vincent is a 2017 experimental animated biographical drama film about the life of painter Vincent van Gogh, and in particular, the circumstances of his death. It is the first fully painted animated feature film. The film is a Polish co-production, written and directed by Dorota Kobiela and Hugh Welchman. The film premiered at the 2017 Annecy International Animated Film Festival. It won Best Animated Feature Film Award at the 30th European Film Awards in Berlin and was nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 90th Academy Awards.].
For over 100 years Royal Talens has been a renowned manufacturer and worldwide supplier of quality colour materials and artists’ materials. Van Gogh is the ideal brand for the serious artist for whom quality is important.