Painting with Van Gogh oil colours is a joy. Whatever oil colour technique you choose, the pasty paint gives a beautiful result. Choose from a wide and balanced palette. In addition to the lively colours, you above all opt for the certainty of a good oil paint. The fineness, the colour intensity, the high content of pigment and durability contribute to the ultimate expression of your inspiration. Van Gogh oil colours are available in a wide range of 66 colours in various tube sizes, sets and artists’ boxes.
With this range you can expect:
• High quality
• Strong and intense colours
• Easy to mix and use
• High pigment level
• Uniform degree of gloss and thickness of the various colours
• Good to excellent lightfastness for colour retention over time
• 10 tubes 20 ml (105 titanium white, 268 Azo yellow light, 270 Azo yellow deep, 393 Azo red medium, 366 Quinacridone rose, 504 ultramarine, 535 cerulean blue phthalo, 619 permanent green dark, 409 burnt umber, 701 ivory black)
• 1 bottle painting medium 75 ml
• 2 Van Gogh brushes series 210 no. 8 (Gussow model, hog bristle) and series 211 no. 4 (round model, hog bristle)
• double palette cup
Van Gogh is the brand for the working artist who is searching for quality and exceptional value. Royal Talens developed the brand to be a happy medium between professional grade and student grade oils.
The oil colours are made using pure pigments and are milled into a quality oil binder which ensures the buttery colours give a wonderful result with oil techniques. All colours have a uniform thickness, degree of sheen, and dry times which makes the line a pleasure to use in terms of working qualities and mixability. Because of the high content of pigment and the fine grind, the colours are strong and brilliant. Van Gogh oil colours offer choices from four gradations of opacity (transparent, semi-transparent, semi-opaque and opaque). All colours are rated from good to excellent lightfastness which ensures the colours are retained in the long term.
Van Gogh oil was the paint used to create the entire ‘Loving Vincent’ film. A full length feature film which was fully animated using over 65,000 individually painted frames, painted by hand by 125 artists. Nine different brands of paints from 6 manufacturers were researched and tested. Van Gogh oil was selected because it had the greatest range of colours, and additionally it was the best price value. The blue’s and yellow’s are spectaculary saturated as it ebb and flow across the screen and the impact of colour contributed to the success of this exceptional film.
- [Loving Vincent is a 2017 experimental animated biographical drama film about the life of painter Vincent van Gogh, and in particular, the circumstances of his death. It is the first fully painted animated feature film. The film is a Polish co-production, written and directed by Dorota Kobiela and Hugh Welchman. The film premiered at the 2017 Annecy International Animated Film Festival. It won Best Animated Feature Film Award at the 30th European Film Awards in Berlin and was nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 90th Academy Awards.].
For over 100 years Royal Talens has been a renowned manufacturer and worldwide supplier of quality colour materials and artists’ materials. Van Gogh is the ideal brand for the serious artist for whom quality is important.