The Pastel Pencils range is designed and manufactured in the Geneva workshops of Caran d’Ache, in line with eco-friendly standards and certifications and according to the Swiss Made quality label. Extra-fine, highly concentrated pigments offer wonderful luminosity and excellent covering power along with exceptional lightfastness. The large, 4.7 mm wide diameter of the pastel lead ensures colour smoothness, resistance to smudging and precise lines. A response to the greatest needs of every artist: ranges to suit the technical and colour requirements of both amateur and professional pastel artists. On grainy media, the application reveals the strength of the pigments and beauty of the material. This assortment of colours provides pastel artists with a large range of durable 4.7mm lead, and colours that are highly lightfast, water-soluble and made with ultra-fine pigments. Features of these pencils include a large lead diameter (4.7 mm) with a strong point and a rich texture that adheres well to most surfaces.
A well-balanced colour range for the Pastel Pencils includes a selection of 84 shades – vivid, luminous and natural (toned down), they respond perfectly to the needs of professional pastel artists. Also included is a wide range of clear and dark flesh tones, and shades of Cobalt Blue, Green Earth, Beige, and cold and warm Greys.
Technical description :
- Type: Dry pastel pencils, rounded hexagonal casing to minimise the risk of dropping
- Lead: Large lead. Diameter: 4.7 mm. Resistant tip. Rich texture adheres to the medium, smooth to apply and generous blurring. Exceptional light resistance (Standard Blue Wool Scale – between and
- Pencil: rounded hexagonal, 8 ply, matt casing matches the colour of the lead, the colour number indicated
- Premium FSC certified Cedarwood
- Best sharpened with a cutter
- ASTM D4236 compliant
Available in four themed assortments (PASTEL PENCILS), in three assortments PASTEL PENCILS ( 20, 40 and 76 colours) in various colours.
Developed and manufactured in Switzerland.