Hand Lettering tutorials
If you are a beginner in the area of Hand lettering and would like to learn it step by step, we recommend that you first use a pencil to draw the desired lettering on a piece of paper. This can be very helpful because during hand lettering letters often have curved lines and are squiggly. After you have drawn the template, there is nothing else in your way: grab a pen or brush and decorate every letter to your heart’s content!
Ensure that the pencil markings that you drew at the start are no longer visible. You can do so, for example, by tracing over the markings using a thin fineliner or erasing them after completion.
Tip: Create a practice book to track your progress and improvement. Try out all kinds of different pens on the book, have a go at the basics, and then choose your favourite option.
If you already have advanced knowledge of the art of hand-lettering, you can boldly venture on to using a fountain pen and ink.
- Set of 4 – For the love of letters
- Content: S = 0.3 mm, M = 0.7 mm, bullet nib 1.5 mm, B = brush tip
- Colours 199 black (S, M, 1.5), 223 dark red (B)
- Set of 6 – Be unique be brave be yourself
- Content: S = 0.3 mm colours 199 black, 156 cobalt green, B = brush tip colours 104 light yellow glaze, 129 pink madder lake, 154 light cobalt turquoise, 162 light phthalo green
- Set of 6 – Be bold, be italic, but never regular
- Content: S = 0.3 mm colours 199 black, 170 may green, B = brush tip colours 112 leaf green, 170 may green, 167 permanent green olive, 223 dark red
- Set of 6 – Good vibes only
- Content: 6 Pens: Superfine #247 Indanthrene Blue, B = brush #120 Ultramarine, #136 Purple Violet, #148 Ice Blue, #153 Cobalt Turquoise, and #154 Light Cobalt Turquoise
- Set of 8 – A flower a day keeps the worries away
- Content: 8 Pens: S = 0,3 mm Magenta #133, B = brush nib Light Skin #114, Middle Purple Pink #125, Pink Madder Lake #129, Medium Flesh #131, Magenta #133, Earth Green #172, Lilac #239
- Starter 9 Set – All you need for hand lettering
- Content: 5 Pitt Artist Pens B = Brush tip (colours 199 black, 274 warm grey V, 272 warm grey III, 233 cold grey IV, 230 cold grey I), 1 fineliner S = 0.3 mm (colour 199 black), 1 bullet nib 1.5 mm (colour 199 black), 1 graphite pencil Castell 9000 B with eraser tip, 1 metal sharpener
- Pigmented India ink
- High lightfastness
- Waterproof, permanent
- Odourless, acid-free, pH neutral
- Does not bleed through paper
- Ideal for creative letterings and letter art