Reclaiming your screen:
If you would like to re-use your screen for additional images, do not leave photo emulsion sitting in your screen. You will need to fully remove the current photo emulsion on your screen before you can reuse the screen. The sooner you remove the photo emulsion, the easier it will be. Photo emulsion left on a screen over time can become permanent.
- Wash all ink from your screen. Photo emulsion can be removed with Speedball Emulsion Remover. (It is natural for some red and black inks to leave a stain on a screen. This will not affect the print ability of your screen.)
- Let your screen dry completely.
- Apply Emulsion Remover to both sides of the screen with a spray bottle or pour directly on the screen. Let sit and soak for 2-3 minutes.
- Scrub both sides thoroughly with a soft bristle brush in all directions until you see the emulsion begin to dissolve or fall away (1-3 minutes.) Let sit for an additional 3 minutes.
- Use a hose with a spray nozzle attachment to spray out the softened emulsion. The more powerful the hose attachment, the easier the photo emulsion will wash out. You can only get one shot at this because if all the emulsion does not rinse out it will become permanent in the screen.
- Wash your screen once again and let dry.