Each DANIEL SMITH Watercolor stick is about 3 full pans of DANIEL SMITH Watercolor paint, which makes it a terrific value.
All Watercolor Sticks are the same price regardless of what series (1. 2, 3, 4) they are in the Watercolor tubes. For example, Sodalite Genuine is a series 4 in the Watercolor tubes, in the Watercolor Stick collection, it is the same price as the rest of the Watercolor Sticks.
The DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Sticks have the same properties of granulation, transparency, staining and lightfastness as the matching colour does in the DANIEL SMITH Watercolors in tubes, because they are made with the same pigment.
Pigment Power – Watercolor Sticks offer the exact same superior intensity as DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Paints. No clay fillers or wax of any kind, so they release their pigment easily just like the dried DANIEL SMITH Watercolors in your palette do into rich, vibrant colour.
Paint & Mix – directly from a Watercolor Stick by applying a wet brush. Perfect for Plein air and travel. No watercolour palette needed.
Unique Drawing Tool – Watercolor Sticks are an expressive and fun tool for drawing directly with watercolours. Comfortable to hold and the tip can be sharpened for a more precise drawing tip. When sharpening, be sure to save the shavings, those are pure DANIEL SMITH Watercolor! You can add water to the shavings and turn them into liquid paint in a small dish or container.
With DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Sticks you can –
* Draw directly onto dry or wet paper for different line characteristics.
* Soften your lines with a wet brush.
* Blend colours with your wet brush both on the paper and Stick.
* Draw onto paper, then, with a wet brush, take up Watercolor Stick pigment and paint from that like you would with paint in a pan.
* Add water to create light washes using your brush.
* You can build up layers using the Watercolor Sticks for rich, saturated colours.
* Draw over painted areas with the Watercolor Sticks adding detail or line work.
* Create texture by applying the Watercolor Sticks in different ways both wet or dry.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Sticks are an expressive addition to every artists’ palette – adding more creative possibilities!