Rit White-Wash is perfect for reviving your dingy whites, even those that are delicate and non-bleachable, like lingerie and silk. It’s specially formulated to brighten your dull whites and remove any yellowing, discoloration and stains. Use it with your detergent to make your whites look impeccably bright. Works best on cotton, linen, wool, rayon, silk and more.
For Whites Only.
White-Wash contains our Color Remover to remove any yellowing or stains on your whites. Accordingly, do not use on colored fabrics or whites with color trims or prints.
Select your method:
For best results, we recommend using the stovetop method to maintain an almost boiling temperature.
However, you can also use White-Wash with a washing machine, but you may get less reliable results.
- For small and medium loads, use one package of Rit White-Wash. For large and extra-large loads, use two packages of Rit White-Wash.
- Fill a stainless-steel pot with enough water for fabric to move freely.
- Heat water to just below boiling (93°C or greater) and maintain temperature.
- Carefully add Rit White-Wash, pouring just above water level. Avoid breathing in powder and use with adequate ventilation.
- Add 15 mL of laundry detergent into pot and mix well.
- Add fabric to bath.
- Stir consistently for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully drain White-Wash solution into sink.
- Wearing rubber gloves, rinse fabric in warm water and then gradually cool water.
- Dry as usual.