Fixative is a clear liquid made with resin or casein and is mostly alcohol-based for quick evaporation. It is usually sprayed onto dry media artwork to preserve the pigment and prevent smudging. It is similar to varnish.
Artist Fixative | Clear Protective Spray – Pro-Art
Clear protective spray for pastel, pencil, charcoal, chalk, crayon, dried flowers and more!
This acid-free product has been formulated for use on most dry artist media. Durable protection against dust, smudging and fading from direct and indirect UV light.
- Shake can vigorously for one minute after agitator rattles.
- Hold can 24-35cm from artwork and press nozzle firmly. Test fixative on a separate piece of paper to ensure contents are mixed.
- Move evenly from side-to-side to give a thin, even coat. Dries in 5 minutes.
- Do not overspray. Repeat as required over dried coats.
- Only use in a well-ventilated area.
Before storing: To clear nozzle – invert can, depress nozzle and spray until product stops emitting. This will clear the jet and limit blockages for further use.
|Spray Bottle Size||