- PanPastel is highly Pigmented loaded with the highest quality artists pigment
- Professional quality & Excellent Lightfastness
- They are easy to control and pastel colours can be applied like paint
- Artists can achieve a variety of marks & layers – from transparent to intense
- Adding white – changes the colour by tinting it, making it more opaque
- Layering – applying thinner layers and glazing layers allows colours underneath to show through
- Colours can also be applied in heavier layers on textured papers for more opaque effects
- Many layers can be built up without flooding the papers tooth
- Instant Colour – No preparation or drying time required – no solvents or water needed
- Easy Clean Up – Clean pan gently by wiping away the contaminated surface with a paper towel
- Low Dust – For a cleaner working environment & less waste
- Mixed Media friendly – Use with other Artists media and most surfaces
More on PanPastel Colors:
PanPastel Colors are genuine professional artists quality soft pastels uniquely packaged in stacking and interlocking pans. These are the softest pastels in the world.
PanPastels were developed to provide a dry colour medium that works like a fluid paint. With PanPastels, artists can lift, apply and control pastel (dry) colour just like paint. The unique pan format holds colour like paint for easy application. The plastic pan keeps colours separate and clean. The pans thread / interlock together for compact storage. Each base is labelled for easy colour identification.
PanPastel Colors are made using a unique manufacturing process requiring minimal binder and fillers, resulting in rich, ultra soft, low dust and super-blendable colours. Each Colour is loaded with the finest professional quality artists pigments for the most concentrated colours possible. The colours have excellent lightfastness and are fully erasable. PanPastel Colors offer at least 4-5 times more coverage than average artist pastel sticks.
PanPastel Colors are fully compatible with traditional pastel sticks, pastel surfaces and conventional fixatives. Although it is not essential, any pastel fixative / varnish spray can be used to protect PanPastel artwork. Whether or not to use fixative and the technique chosen depends on personal preference, the working method and the surface. They can be mixed, blended, layered and applied like paint for an infinite palette of colours.
Artists are not only using PanPastel for traditional painting and drawing techniques, they are also being used for countless mixed media techniques as well, since they work well with pastel sticks, markers, pencils and other artists colours and mediums. PanPastels work on most art & craft surfaces. From delicate handmade papers to toothy pastel surfaces, canvasses, art boards, etc.
With PanPastel, it is possible to create more painterly effects. The artist can apply controlled marks, from intense to delicate – ultra thin glazing layers and veils of colour. It is possible to block in large areas of colour in seconds, for backgrounds, underpainting, and tinting paper. PanPastels clean up easily.
PanPastels are available in sets which include a selection of colours and Sofft Tools, specifically developed for use with PanPastels. Sofft Tools can also be used with most water-based art and craft materials to create a variety of exciting new techniques, marks and effects. Finished effects are different to brushes as the brush stroke is eliminated.