- Type: Permanent, round, coloured pencils
- Lead: Permanent, creamy lead, 3.8 diameters, maximum covering power, high pigment concentration for intense, bright colours
- Light resistance complies with the highest international standards for light resistance in coloured pencils: ASTM D6901
- Pencil: Round, 8 ply, matt casing matches the colour of the lead, colour number and name indicated. The pencils wood casings are made of environmentally friendly California cedar
- Available in assortments of 12, 20, 40 and 76 colours (+ 2 Full Blender).
- Also available in a wooden box containing 80 pencils (76 shades + 4 repeat colours).
Luminance 6901 artist’s pencils were specifically designed by Caran d’Ache in its Geneva Manufacturing plant with colour image professionals in mind and reaffirm the high-quality standards of the Maison. The new leads are designed for works intended for exhibition, collection and museum purposes.
FOR ALL CREATIVE SECTORS
Highly sought after by drawing masters from every creative sector, the subtle velvety effect of the new permanent pencil stems from two years of technical research conducted in complete secrecy at the heart of Maison’s workshops. Its delicate texture, along with the vibrancy of the many recently developed shades, opens up exciting new vistas in the realms of overlaying, mixed techniques and graduation.
Its extreme lightfastness is confirmed by the most rigorous tests, earning Luminance 6901 top results and international ASTM D-6901 certification.
With Luminance 6901, Caran d’Ache has achieved the feat of creating one of the most lightfast colour pencil designed thus far.
The line is created according to the criteria laid down by the Swiss Made label and eco-friendly standards, thereby providing an additional demonstration of Maison’s steadfast ethical commitment.
- Caran d’Ache won the innovation prize 2010 of the SMAC (Fair of the creative professions and activities) with its Luminance 6901 colour pencil.