Artist’s Oil Colour offers the widest spectrum of all the Winsor & Newton oil ranges. The range consists of 115 colours available in 37ml tubes, including a 200 ml WHITE ONLY
- Buttery, vibrant and consistent
- Each colour is researched, formulated and milled individually
- The cleanest and brightest mixing possibilities
- Perfect for techniques such as impasto or glazing
- 99% of colours have a lightfast rating of AA or A, providing permanence without comprising the choice of hue.
Interesting fact: Indian Yellow Colour, also known as Piuri or Purree is a vibrant yellow pigment with excellent tinting qualities. Indian Yellow, one of the colours available in this range, was originally a colour created in India from the urine of cows exclusively fed on mango leaves. Winsor & Newton created an alternative closely resembling the original.
Great masters such as J. M. W. Turner included Indian Yellow in their watercolour palette and later the Scottish Colourists used its oil colour variant for their vivid fluid paintings.
Available in oil and watercolour, Indian Yellow is a transparent colour which is famed for its glazing properties. As a warm golden yellow, it is an excellent staple in any oil or watercolour painter’s palette.