Palette Knives Metal Set of 5 – Prime Art
*December Monthly Deal
Prime Art Pallet Knife Set of 5 – Now R99 / Was R129
[ Do you want to shop this deal in-store? Email us at email@example.com to confirm in-store stock availability at your nearest Artsavingsclub branch ]
A palette knife is a blunt tool used for mixing or applying paint, with a flexible steel blade. It is primarily used for mixing paint colours, paste, other mediums, or for marbling, decorative endpapers and more. The “palette” in the name is a reference to an artist’s palette which is used for mixing oil paint and acrylic paints.
Art knives come primarily in two types:
- palette knife resembling a putty knife with a rounded tip, suited for mixing paints on the palette;
- painting knife with a pointed tip lowered or “cranked” like a trowel, suited to painting on canvas.
While palette knives are manufactured without sharpened cutting edges, with prolonged use they may become “sharpened” by the action of abrasive pigments such as earth colours.
- Strong flexible steel blades and wooden handles
- Individually packed in plastic hang packs
- 5 popular shapes to cover all artist’s requirements
8 in Stock.