PanPastel Colours are professional-grade soft pastel colours packed in a unique cake-like pan format so that they can be mixed and applied like paint. Only professional artists’ grade pigments are used for the most concentrated colours possible. They are very low dust, for a cleaner working environment.
Contains 80 original colours* with a comprehensive selection of Sofft Tools and 4 palette trays.
The 80 PanPastel colours come in individual jars of 9ml each, plus a usage guide.
The 44-piece Art Sponge combo pack, contains:
- four Sofft Painting Knives,
- 16 Sofft Knife Covers (including four each Round, Flat, Oval, and Point)
- one Sofft Applicator with four replacement heads
- 12 Sofft Mini Applicators
- seven Sofft Art Sponges (including one each Wedge Bar, Point Bar, Round Bar, Flat Bar, Round Angle Slice, Flat Angle Slice, and Big Oval)
* Contents may vary. Excludes pearlescents, metallics and mediums.
PanPastels were developed to provide a dry colour medium that works like a fluid paint. With PanPastels, artists can lift, apply and control pastel (dry) colour just like paint. The unique pan format holds colour like paint for easy application. The plastic pan keeps colours separate and clean. The pans thread / interlock together for compact storage. Each base is labelled for easy colour identification.
PanPastel Colors are made using a unique manufacturing process requiring minimal binder and fillers, resulting in rich, ultra soft, low dust and super-blendable colours. Each Colour is loaded with the finest professional quality artists pigments for the most concentrated colours possible. The colours have excellent lightfastness and are fully erasable. PanPastel Colors offer at least 4-5 times more coverage than average artist pastel sticks.
PanPastel Colors are fully compatible with traditional pastel sticks, pastel surfaces and conventional fixatives. Although it is not essential, any pastel fixative / varnish spray can be used to protect PanPastel artwork. Whether or not to use fixative and the technique chosen depends on personal preference, the working method and the surface. They can be mixed, blended, layered and app
lied like paint for an infinite palette of colours.
Artists are not only using PanPastel for traditional painting and drawing techniques, they are also being used for countless mixed media techniques as well, since they work well with pastel sticks, markers, pencils and other artists colours and mediums. PanPastels work on most art & craft surfaces. From delicate handmade papers to toothy pastel surfaces, canvasses, art boards, etc.
With PanPastel, it is possible to create more painterly effects. The artist can apply controlled marks, from intense to delicate – ultra thin glazing layers and veils of colour. It is possible to block in large areas of colour in seconds, for backgrounds, underpainting, and tinting paper. PanPastels clean up easily.
- PanPastel is highly Pigmented loaded with the highest quality artists pigment
- Professional quality & Excellent Lightfastness
- They are easy to control and pastel colours can be applied like paint
- Artists can achieve a variety of marks & layers – from transparent to intense
- Adding white – changes the colour by tinting it, making it more opaque
- Layering – applying thinner layers and glazing layers allows colours underneath to show through
- Colours can also be applied in heavier layers on textured papers for more opaque effects
- Many layers can be built up without flooding the papers tooth
- Instant Colour – No preparation or drying time required – no solvents or water needed
- Easy Clean Up – Clean pan gently by wiping away the contaminated surface with a paper towel
- Low Dust – For a cleaner working environment & less waste
- Mixed Media friendly – Use with other Artists media and most surfaces.
- Sofft Tools are ideal for use with PanPastel Colors, charcoals and water based media like acrylics, watercolours and inks. Sofft Tools are versatile and can be used for many different applications from fine art, craft, and hobby applications, including applying gesso, smoothing polymer clay, painting, paper crafts, scrapbooking, stencilling and ceramics.