Nero Charcoal Oil-based Pencils – Cretacolor
Cretacolor Nero pencils are oil-based charcoal pencils with a wood casing that eliminates the usual mess of charcoal sticks. They are also water and smudge resistant, making them an excellent companion when working with water-based media.
The Nero pencils are available in 5 densities ranging from extra soft to extra hard. The value in shading can be quite subtle. For this reason, consider limiting your set to the extra hard, medium, and extra soft pencils.
- The boldness of a charcoal stick without the mess.
- The ability to use them with water-based media – could be incorporated in watercolour sketches.
- The matte finish on the pencil body provides an excellent grip.
- Nero pencils are wood encased and oil-based.
- Produces a shiny black waterproof and smudge-proof stroke.
- Available in 5 grades.
- The pencil is 7.5mm with a 3.8mm diameter lead.